St. Ignatius Retreat House: then mansion, now retreat house
The St. Ignatius Jesuit Retreat House in Manhasset, an 87 room mansion, was built by Nicholas and Genevieve Brady between 1916-20 as a summer home. It once was the fourth largest mansion in 1920 and holds what is the most beautiful small chapel in the country, St. Genevieve, on the second floor. After the death of her husband, Genevieve donated Inisfada in 1937 to the New York Province of the Society of Jesus, the Jesuits. By 1963 Fr. John Magan, S.J. converted it into a retreat house.