Smithtown Historical Society
239 Middle Country Rd. Smithtown, NY 631-265-6768
Caleb Smith House (ca. 1819), site of "Smithtown at War: Battlefront and Homefront". Other historic buildings include: the Old Library, Obadiah Smith House (ca. 1700, St. Johnland Road, Kings Park), Epenetus Smith Tavern (ca. 1740), Franklin O. Arthur Farm (ca. 1740), and Judge J. Lawrence Smith Homestead (ca. 1750); reserved for school classes and open to the public for special events. Frank Brush Barn (ca. 1900) is the site of lectures, concerts and dances; Roseneath Cottage (ca. 1918) is headquarters for the historical society.Hours: Noon-4 p.m. Tue. and Thur.; 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Sat. Historical Society office 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Mon.-Fri.