336 Port Washington Blvd. Cow Neck Peninsula Historical Society Port Washington, NY 516-365-9074
The earliest portion of the house was built about 1735 and includes a colonial kitchen and an out-kitchen. About 1840, the east wing was added, 6 rooms in Greek-revival style. All rooms decorated in period-style furniture. Agricultural tools and equipment displayed in a barn (circa 1690s). Hands-on school programs and lectures. The society also maintains the Thomas Dodge House, 58 Harbor Rd.; open 1-5 p.m. 4th Sun. of the month April-October.Hours: Check Website.