Roosevelt Field is the biggest mall on Long Island. Whether you're looking for the hottest sneakers or the most stylish fashions, an outfit for your pooch or a prom dress for your daughter, you'll be hard pressed not to find it here. In addition to the stores, there are 55 kiosks dedicated to everything from turning your gold into cash to getting your eyebrows threaded. All the shopping get you hungry? The mall packs a serious food court, plus dine-in restaurants, including The Capital Grill, Grand Lux Café, Havannah Central, Houston's and Seasons 52. Still not satisfied? There are a bunch of high-end specialty food shops such as Godiva, plus coffee and tea spots such as Starbucks, Teavana and Nordstrom's Espresso Bar. There's also a movie theater, a 24/7 gym and the only Nordstrom department store on Long Island.
Top features at Roosevelt Field mall
1. Dizzying array of personal services: There are multiple places to get a haircut and style, spas offering facials and waxing, tanning beds, nail salons and Piercing Pagoda kiosks. You can walk in with one look and walk out with another.
2. Other services: If you're in need of a dental cleaning, eye checkup, watch repair, tailor or even just somewhere to mail a letter, you've come to the right place. Surprisingly, all of these services are housed in the mall.
3. Free classes and demonstrations: lululemon athletica, selling athletic apparel for yoga, running, dancing and most other sweaty pursuits, has a store on the upper level of the mall and offers free in-store weekly yoga classes taught by instructors from local studios every Sunday morning from 10-11 a.m. Williams-Sonoma offers frequent free cooking demos (with free tastes of prepared foods).
4. Diverse food court: How many ways do you think you can eat chicken? In one lap around the food court, you can experience free samples of barbecue chicken, sesame chicken, grilled chicken and teriyaki chicken, all passed out in bite-sized pieces.
5. Looking for something to entertain the little ones? With Build-a-Bear Workshop, The Disney Store and Lego Store, you are sure to find hours of fun at Roosevelt Field.
Mon-Sat: 10 a.m.-9:30 p.m.; Sun: 11 a.m.-7 p.m.