The new Museum of Mathematics opens in Manhattan
On Saturday morning, Glen Whitney of St. James expects to feel like Willy Wonka on the day the fictional candy-maker opened the doors of his chocolate factory for the first time to a group of gobsmacked children in "Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory."
Whitney is scheduled to throw open the doors to his long-awaited Museum of Mathematics in Manhattan, welcoming children to be just as astonished by more than 30 interactive exhibits over two floors at 11 E. 26th St. in midtown.
The target age for the museum is fourth through eighth grades, though the exhibits have more advanced explanations for older visitors. School classes can also take field trips to the museum; interested teachers should write to email@example.com.
Here are five of the exhibits visitors will experience on a visit to the museum. --Beth Whitehouse
- | View all
Be the first to rate:Click to rate
More in Kids
- Toy and product recalls for babies, kids
- 21 places kids eat for free on Long Island
- Do you remember these classic toys?
- Our favorite candy through the years
- Babies, kids' stories gone viral
- 14 must-see movies for kids in 2014
- Kidsday interviews “Mr. Peabody & Sherman” stars
- Ringling Bros. 'Legends' comes to LI
- Kidsday interviews 2014 Olympic gold-medal winning ice dancers
- Kidsday reporters interview Raymond Bean
- Kidsday Interviews Actor Luca Padovan
- Kidsday meets "Better Nate Than Ever" author Tim Federle
- Hot new toys of 2014
- Kidsday reporters meet Mets' Bobby Parnell
- 100 things every kid should do on LI
- Kidsday interviews "A.N.T. Farm" star
- Kidsday learns balloon artistry
- Your snowmen photos
- Classic Barbie dolls: 1959-today
- 49 Valentine's Day gifts for kids
- Kidsday goes to California Pizza Kitchen
- Imagine Dragons hangs with Kidsday
- 26 indoor places to play on LI
- Kidsday meets Olympic gymnast Jordyn Wieber
- 33 new restaurants on LI X-Team: Huntington St. Patrick’s Day Parade
- 14 favorite LI breakfast spots Food photos on Long Island
- 21 recent restaurant closures Scenes from sustainability film series
- Toy and product recalls for babies, kids New Peninsula
- 21 places kids eat for free on Long Island Do you remember these classic toys?
- Our favorite candy through the years Babies, kids' stories gone viral
- "Garden Party" at Nassau County Museum of Art "Driven to Create: Inspired Art by Self-taught Artists"
- The 10 best lasagnas on LI 14 must-see movies for kids in 2014
- Cilantro Mexican Inspired Food Rising stars on Long Island
- 15 Irish songs for your St. Paddy's playlist 10 cute swimsuits, sunglasses for spring break
- 10 Unique wedding venues on Long Island Cheap Eats to try on LI
- Ringling Bros. 'Legends' comes to LI X-Team: 2014 Long Island Pet Expo
- X-Team: LI Chocolate World Expo Fat Tuesday Celebrations on LI
- 11 stores with student, teacher discounts 5 places to shop in Sayville
- 17 things to wear on St. Patrick's Day "Women of the World"
- Spring fashion trend: Wide-leg pants The Trattoria
- Cuisine delivered to your door 7 Korean dining picks on LI
- Long Island Chocolate World Expo 2013 Mara's Too
- X-Team: Camellia House Weekend The Long Island Pet Expo
- 10 LI spots serving great small plates Paint Nite on Long Island
- Places we loved on Long Island 47 Fine Dining reviews
- 100 new stores on LI J.A. Heneghan's Tavern
- Camellia festival at Planting Fields 'Universal Limited Art Editions'
- Zinburger Wine & Burger Bar Hot new toys of 2014
- 10 best burgers on Long Island "The Not-So-Newlywed Game" comes to Long Island
- 13 affordable celeb clothing lines Haitian culture on Long Island
- Presidential Long Island 100 things every kid should do on LI
- LI's 10 best Italian restaurants Wedding traditions with a twist
- Tullulah's "Body Conscious"
- Your snowmen photos LI restaurant owners in love
- Classic Barbie dolls: 1959-today Butchers Blind performs on LI
- Chennai Dosa 49 Valentine's Day gifts for kids
- 12 restaurants to try with your Valentine The Great Backyard Bird Count
- "Hell's Kitchen" winner's LI wedding Chocolate Shops on Long Island
- Couple celebrates their traditional heritage Winter Olympic sports on Long Island
- Bold looks for brides of all ages French fries on LI: 12 favorites