Get the inside scoop on all things kids and parenting on Long Island.
BloggersJennifer Berger Valerie Kellogg Beth Whitehouse Leema Thomas
Weekend family fun on Long Island: Zoppe Italian Family Circus, free events, exotic animals and more
Looking for things to do with the kids this weekend? From Zoppe Italian Family Circus and animal adventures to outdoor movies, free events and more, there's much to do on Long Island. Here are my top five picks for fun family-friendly activities this weekend:
1. Zoppe Italian Family Circus at Westhampton Beach Great Lawn (The corner of Main Street and Potunk Lane, Westhampton). Audience participation is needed in this one-ring circus featuring Nino the clown, acrobatic stunts, equestrian showmanship, canine capers and more on Thursday and Friday at 7 p.m., Saturday at 2 p.m. and 7 p.m. and Sunday at 2 p.m. Price: $54, $29 ages 12 and younger.
2. Nature Nick's Animal Adventure at Long Island Game Farm Wildlife Park and Children's Zoo (Chapman Boulevard, LIE exit 70, Manorville). On Friday through Sunday at 12:30 p.m. and 2:30 p.m., children and adults alike can check out 10-12 exotic and unusual animals from all over the world. Price: $18.95, $16.95 for seniors and children 3-11, free for children 3 and younger.
3. Cinema on the Bay 2013: Annie at Sunset Park (Main Street and Shore Road, Port Washington). This family comedy starring Albert Finney and Carol Burnett is rated PG will be shown outdoors on Saturday at 8:30 p.m. Don't forget to bring a picnic basket, blanket or lawn chairs. Price: Free.
4. Children's Day: Disney Camp Rock at Harry Chapin Lakeside Theater of Eisenhower Park (Hempstead Turnpike and Merrick Avenue, East Meadow). Children can enjoy games and other activities on Sunday from 3-7 p.m. as well as a "Disney Camp Rock" performance at 6 p.m. Price: Free.
5. Family Fun Day at the Long Island Museum of American Art History & Carriages (1200 Rte. 25A, Stony Brook). On Sunday from 1-4 p.m., enjoy a magic show by the Magic of Amore, beach-themed crafts, refreshments and music by Funkytown Playground. Price: Free.