Get the inside scoop on all things kids and parenting on Long Island.
BloggersJennifer Berger Valerie Kellogg Beth Whitehouse Leema Thomas Patrick Whittle
Weekend family fun on Long Island: 'Winnie the Pooh,' family festivals and more
Looking for things to do with the kids this weekend? From "Winnie the Pooh" and a western barbecue to the Long Island Ducks, festivals and more, there's much to do on Long Island. Here are my top five picks for fun family-friendly activities this weekend:
1. Disney's "Winnie the Pooh Kids" at Gateway Playhouse (215 South Country Rd., Bellport). Children can watch a live performance of this classic story and animated film on Friday and Saturday at 10:30 a.m. Price: $10-$15.
2. Harbes Western Family Barbecue at Harbes Family Farm Jamesport (1223 Main Rd., Jamesport). On Saturday from 5-8 p.m., head to the farm for a western-themed dinner along with games, hayrides, music, rides and more. Price: $24.95, $19.95 ages 12 and younger.
3. Children's Festival and Safety Day at John J Burns Park (4990 Merrick Rd., Massapequa). Check out inflatable bounce houses, airbrush painting, balloon art, entertainment, refreshments and more on Saturday from 1-4 p.m. Price: Free.
4. Long Island Ducks vs. Camden Riversharks at Bethpage Ballpark (3 Court House Dr., Central Islip). Cheer on the home team and enjoy a baseball game on Friday and Saturday at 7:05 p.m. and Sunday at 5:05 p.m. Price: $11 and up.
5. Scavenger Hunt at Gov. Alfred E. Smith/Sunken Meadow State Park (at the north end of the Sunken Meadow Parkway, Kings Park). On Sunday from 1:30-3 p.m., children ages 5 and up can search things that nature hides in plain sight. Price: $4, $3 children, free ages 3 and younger; reservations are required.