Get the inside scoop on all things kids and parenting on Long Island.
BloggersJennifer Berger Valerie Kellogg Beth Whitehouse Leema Thomas
Weekend family fun on Long Island: Polish festival, 'Aladdin Jr.,' Long Island Ducks and more
Looking for things to do with the kids this weekend? From feasts and festivals to baseball games, family performances and more, there's much to do on Long Island. Here are my top five picks for fun family-friendly activities this weekend:
1. Polish Town Street Fair and Polka Festival in Riverhead. Celebrate the Polish heritage with more than 200 vendors featuring food, arts and crafts and more on Saturday and Sunday from 10 a.m.-6 p.m. There will also be live entertainment, dancing and a carnival for kids. Price: free for street fair; dance festival is $13 for adults, $5 ages 12 and younger.
2. Aladdin Jr. at CM Performing Arts Center (931 Montauk Hwy., Oakdale). Join Aladdin, with the help of the Genie, as he falls in love with a beautiful princess. Show times: Friday at 10 a.m. and 2 p.m., Saturday at 2 p.m. Price: $12.
3. Long Island Ducks vs. York Revolution at Bethpage Ballpark (3 Court House Dr., Central Islip). Cheer on the home team and enjoy a baseball game on Thursday-Saturday at 7:05 p.m. and Sunday at 5:05 p.m. Price: $11-$15.
4. Feast of the Assumption at St. Brigid/Our Lady of Hope Regional School (101 Maple Ave., Westbury). On Thursday through Sunday from 6-11 p.m., kids and adults can enjoy home-cooked Italian food, music, entertainment, rides, games, craft vendors, raffles and auctions, fireworks and more. Price: free admission, $25 POP for rides.
5. Family Sundays at the Museum at Nassau County Museum of Art (1 Museum Dr., Roslyn Harbor). Every Sunday at 1 p.m. join a guide as you take a family walk through the exhibition followed by art activities. Price: free with museum admission ($10 adults, $4 students and children, free ages 4 and younger ); on weekends there is a $2 parking fee.