Get the inside scoop on all things kids and parenting on Long Island.
BloggersJennifer Berger Valerie Kellogg Beth Whitehouse Leema Thomas
Weekend family fun on Long Island: Maritime Festival, 'Wizard of Oz,' Cinderella and more
Looking for things to do with the kids this weekend? From family fall festivals and a viewing of the "Wizard of Oz" in IMAX 3-D to Cinderella and more, there's much to do on Long Island. Here are my top five picks for fun family-friendly activities this weekend:
1. "Wizard of Oz" on the big screen at Regal Cinemas Deer Park Stadium 16 & IMAX (455 Commack Rd., Deer Park). In honor of its upcoming 75th anniversary, the 1939 film "The Wizard of Oz" is being released in IMAX 3-D on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Check your local listings for show times. Price: $16-$19.
2. Maritime Festival in the Village of Greenport. On Friday, Saturday and Sunday from 10 a.m.-5 p.m., children and adults can enjoy a Kidd's Craft Alley, treasure chest, storytelling, art show, exhibits, blacksmith shop, carousel, food, live entertainment, the Maritime Museum, Railroad Museum -- and even visits from roaming pirates. Price: Free.
3. Cinderella at the Long Island Children's Museum (11 Davis Ave., Garden City). This classic fairy tale comes to life, performed by Plaza Theatrical Productions on Saturday at 11 a.m., 1 p.m. and 3 p.m. Price: $12.
4. Farm Fall Festival at W&K Farms (Corner of Wading River Road and South Street, Manorville). Visit the corn maze, horse drawn hay rides, U-pick pumpkins, pony rides, a petting zoo, tractor rides and seasonal foods such as sweet corn, candy apples and more on Saturday and Sunday from 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Price: Free, pay per attraction.
5. Family Arts Festival along Audrey Avenue in Oyster Bay. On Sunday from 10 a.m.-4 p.m., check out children's crafts, knitting, pottery, cooking, story telling, dance, live music, animal presentations and more. Price: Free.