Get the inside scoop on all things kids and parenting on Long Island.
BloggersJennifer Berger Valerie Kellogg Beth Whitehouse Leema Thomas Patrick Whittle
Weekend family fun on Long Island: Festivals, 'Ghost of Sleepy Hollow,' crafts and more
Looking for things to do with the kids this weekend? From family festivals and Ducks games to "The Ghost of Sleepy Hollow" and more, there's much to do on Long Island. Here are my top five picks for fun family-friendly activities this weekend:
1. Long Island Ducks vs. Sugar Land Skeeters at Bethpage Ballpark (3 Court House Dr., Central Islip). Catch a local baseball game on Friday and Saturday at 7:05 p.m. and Sunday at 1:35 p.m. Price: $11-$15.
2. Storybook Stroll -- Make Way for Ducklings at Old Westbury Gardens (71 Old Westbury Rd., Old Westbury). On Saturday at noon, celebrate fall migration with a craft and more. Price: $10, $5 children 7-17, free ages 6 and younger.
3. Nesconset Day Crafts and Street Fair at Nesconset Plaza (Smithtown Boulevard, Nesconset). Check out more than 200 arts and crafts vendors, food, live entertainment, pony rides, a petting zoo, games and free rides for kids on Sunday from 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Rain date is Sept. 15. Price: free.
4. The Ghost of Sleepy Hollow at Carriage House Theater, Vanderbilt Mansion (180 Little Neck Rd., Centerport). Audience participation is expected during this adaptation of Washington Irving's tale of Ichabod Crane and the Headless Horseman on Saturday and Sunday at 1 p.m. Price: $10 adults, $8 children.
5. Family Fun Day at West Hills Day Camp (21 Sweet Hollow Rd., Huntington). On Sunday from 11 a.m.-4 p.m., children and adults can enjoy live entertainment, miniature golf, soccer, tetherball, basketball, playgrounds, dodgeball, a heated pool, tennis, water slide, boating, and a barbecue with hamburgers, hot dogs, salads, iced tea, lemonade and more. Price: $10.