Get the inside scoop on all things kids and parenting on Long Island.
BloggersJennifer Berger Valerie Kellogg Beth Whitehouse Leema Thomas
Weekend family fun on Long Island: Festivals, contests, 'Cinderella' and more
Looking for things to do with the kids this weekend? From family fall festivals and contests to "Cinderella" and more, there's much to do on Long Island. Here are my top five picks for fun family-friendly activities this weekend:
1. The Wiggles at NYCB Theatre at Westbury (390 Brush Hollow Rd., Westbury) on Friday, Oct. 4, at 6:30 p.m. Enjoy a fun live performance by The Wiggles featuring friends like Dorothy the Dinosaur, Captain Feathersword, Wags the Dog and Henry the Octopus. Price: $19.50-$75.50
2. Cinderella at Long Island Children's Museum (11 David Ave., Garden City) on Saturday, Oct. 5, at 11 a.m., 1 p.m. and 3 p.m. and Sunday, Oct. 6, at 11 a.m., 1 p.m. and 3 p.m. Enjoy the classic children's fairy tale performed by Plaza Theatrical Productions. Price: $12
3. Apple Festival at Islip Grange (10 Broadway Ave., Sayville) on Saturday, Oct. 5, from 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Families can enjoy tons of fun activities like a carnival, a scarecrow contest, an apple-themed cooking contest, music, pony rides and more. Rain date is Sunday, Oct. 6. Price: Free
4. Fall Festival at Long Island Game Farm Wildlife Park and Children's Zoo (Chapman Boulevard, Manorville) on Saturday, Oct. 5, and Sunday, Oct. 6, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. This event features kid-friendly fun like face painting, a kiddie hay maze and pony rides. Price: $16.95 for adults, $14.95 for children ages 3-11 and free for children 2 and younger.
5. Giant Pumpkin Weigh-Off at Hicks Nurseries (100 Jericho Tpke., Westbury) on Sunday, Oct. 6, at 11 a.m. Families can enjoy (or participate in!) the spectacle as awards are handed out for feats like the heaviest pumpkin and the best pumpkin grown by a child. Price: Free