Get the inside scoop on all things kids and parenting on Long Island.
BloggersJennifer Berger Valerie Kellogg Beth Whitehouse Leema Thomas Patrick Whittle
Weekend family fun on Long Island: Fairs and festivals, 'Sound of Music' and more
Looking for things to do with the kids this weekend? From family fall festivals and crafts to the "Sound of Music" and more, there's much to do on Long Island. Here are my top five picks for fun family-friendly activities this weekend:
1. Long Island Fair at Old Bethpage Village Restoration (Round Swamp Road, Old Bethpage). Families can enjoy children's games, pony rides, craft demonstrations, magic and puppet shows, corn husking, crafts, prizewinning vegetables and more on Friday from 10 a.m.-4 p.m., and Saturday and Sunday from 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Price: $12, $8 ages 5-12; Sunday everyone gets in for $1.
2. Family Festival By the Sea at Lido Beach (630 Lido Blvd., Lido Beach). On Saturday and Sunday from 11:30 a.m.-6:30 p.m., listen to live bands, enjoy food, a petting zoo, inflatables, children's shows and more. Price: Free.
3. The Sound of Music at Take-One Performing Arts Academy (1021 Portion Rd., Farmingville). Join the Von Trapp family on this classic, musical adventure based in Nazi-occupied Austria on Saturday at 8 p.m. and Sunday at 2 p.m. Price: $22, $16 seniors, children and students.
4. Falling for Fall at the Long Island Science Center (11 W. Main St., Riverhead). Kids will learn why the leaves change color and then enjoy fall-themed activities and crafts on Saturday from 11 a.m.-4 p.m. Price: $5.
5. Seaford Historical Society Harvest Fair at Seaford Historical Society Museum (3890 Waverly Ave., Seaford). On Sunday from 11 a.m.-4 p.m., kids can enjoy a pumpkin patch, entertainment, children's games, baked goods, vendors and more. Price: Free.