Get the inside scoop on all things kids and parenting on Long Island.
Weekend family fun on Long Island: Egg hunts, Cinderella, pirates and more
Looking for things to do with the kids this weekend? From the Easter Bunny and egg hunts to Cinderella, pirates and more, there's much to do on Long Island. Here are my top five picks for fun, family friendly activities this weekend:
1. Spring Egg Hunt at Belmont Lake State Park (Exit 38 - Southern State Parkway, North Babylon). Children up to 9-years-old can participate in this Easter egg hunt on Saturday at noon. There will also be a petting zoo, pony rides, crafts and a visit with the Easter Bunny. Price: Free
2. Pirate and Princess Tea Party at Ballet Long Island (1863 Pond Rd., Ronkonkoma). Come watch Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, The Little Mermaid and other princesses along with pirates as they perform live on Saturday at 1 p.m. Be sure to stay for the tea party that follows the show. Price: $18.
3. Mr. Easter Bunny at BroadHollow Theatre Company (700 Hempstead Tpke., Elmont). On Saturday at 4 p.m. Billy and Betty try to convince their dad, the mayor of Easterville, that you're never too old to believe in the Easter Bunny. Price: $12.
4. Cinderella and the Glass Slipper at SoLuna Studio Theater (659 Old Willets Path, Hauppauge). Kid's favorite princess comes to life onstage on Sunday at noon. Price: $20 adult, $15 senior/student, $10 children.
5. The Great Egg Hunt at Sands Point Preserve (127 Middle Neck Rd., Sands Point). On Sunday at 11 a.m. head on a seasonal hunt for thousands of eggs containing kid-friendly surprises inside. Bring a basket or bag for collecting eggs -- trade in your empty egg shells for a special treat at the end. Crafts and snacks will be available in the Castle Gould. Price: $20 per car, $10 with annual pass.