Get the inside scoop on all things kids and parenting on Long Island.
Weekend family fun on Long Island: Disney on Ice, circus acts, nature walks and more
Looking for things to do with the kids this weekend? From a classic Disney performances and nature walks to circus acts, color exploration and more, there's much to do on Long Island. Here are my top five picks for fun, family friendly activities this weekend:
1. Disney on Ice: Rockin' Ever After at Nassau Coliseum (1255 Hempstead Tpke., Uniondale). Enjoy a family-friendly performance with Princess Merida, Micky Mouse, Belle, Gaston and more tonight (7 p.m.), tomorrow (7 p.m.) and Saturday and Sunday with showtimes at 11 a.m., 3 p.m. and 7 p.m. Prices range from $15-$165, plus $7 parking fee.
2. National Circus of China: Cirque Chinois at LIU Tilles Center (Route 25A, Brookville). On Friday, direct from Beijing, catch high-flying trapeze artists, jugglers and more at 8 p.m. on Friday. Price: $30-$60.
3. Family Nature Program: Protect Yourself at Tackapausha Museum and Preserve (Washington Ave., Seaford). On Saturday at 1 p.m., learn about animals and how they adapt to their environment. Price: $5.
4. John Tartaglia's ImaginOcean at NYCB Theatre at Westbury (960 Brush Hollow Rd., Westbury). A glow-in-the-dark family musical featuring fish puppets, Tank, Bubbles and Dorsel as they embark on an undersea adventure on Sunday at 1 p.m. Price: $29.50-$39.50.
5. Cool Chromatography Color Detectives at the Maritime Explorium (101 East Broadway, Port Jefferson). A fun and educational exhibit where kids can break colors down to their chemical components to reveal what makes a color a color from 1-5 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday. Price: Free with general admission ($5).