Get the inside scoop on all things kids and parenting on Long Island.
BloggersJennifer Berger Valerie Kellogg Beth Whitehouse Leema Thomas Patrick Whittle
Weekend family fun on Long Island: 'Alice in Wonderland,' children's carnival, spring crafts and more
Looking for things to do with the kids this weekend? From "Alice in Wonderland" to a children's carnival, spring crafts and more, there's much to do on Long Island. Here are my top five picks for fun, family-friendly activities this weekend:
1. Fan Fest at Bethpage Ballpark (3 Court House Dr., Central Islip). Catch the Long Island Ducks' only spring training game at home against the Bridgeport Bluefish Saturday at 10:30 a.m. Kids can check out a Ducks bounce house, test their pitching skills and visit with the team mascot, QuackerJack. The game begins at 1:05 p.m. Price: Free.
2. Alice in Wonderland at John W. Engeman Theater (250 Main St., Northport). Join Alice, the Mad Hatter, the Cheshire Cat, Twiddle Dee and Twiddle Dum as they explore a fantasy world Saturday at 11 a.m. and Sunday at 10:30 a.m. Price: $15.
3. Children's Carnival at Queens County Farm Museum (73-50 Little Neck Pkwy., Floral Park). Kids and adults alike can enjoy carnival rides, games with prizes, hayrides, entertainment and more Saturday and Sunday 11 a.m.-6 p.m. Price: $11.
4. Tree-mendous at Sweetbriar Nature Center (62 Eckerncamp Dr., Smithtown). On Sunday at 1 p.m., embrace spring and plant trees, learn about local trees through games and activities, and create a seasonal craft. Price: $6.
5. Nature Tees at Connetquot River State Park Preserve (Sunrise Highway, Oakdale). Kids 5 and older can design a T-shirt using nature stamps and paint Sunday at 1:30 p.m. Price: $4, $3 children, free for ages 3 and younger; reservations are required.