Get the inside scoop on all things kids and parenting on Long Island.
BloggersJennifer Berger Valerie Kellogg Beth Whitehouse Leema Thomas Patrick Whittle Shameka Dudley-Lowe
Presidents' break for parents
We had some ideas about activities for the kids during this brief Presidents' break, but what about the adults? Here are five suggestions for parents to do when the kids head BACK to school:
1. See the movie "Lincoln" (still playing at AMC Loews, Roosevelt Field, Regal Deer Park Stadium 16, AMC Loews Stony Brook 17 to name a few) while you still have time to fill out your Oscar ballot (Academy Awards are Feb. 24).
2. Check out one of George Washington's letters written during the American Revolution at Raynham Hall Museum in Oyster Bay. Continue your patriotic journey by stopping at Canterbury Ale's on Audrey Avenue for a pint of Sam Adams.
3. Hit the mall for Presidents Day sales at Macy's, Lord & Taylor or any department store you choose. Feel free to spend a couple of Benjamins, even though he wasn't ever president.
4. Head to Manhattan and stay at one of the two Presidential Suites at the Four Seasons Hotel (1,500 sqare feet of luxurious space and about $20,000 for the night)
5. Buy a six-pack of Presidente beer (available at most local beverage stores) and watch "All the President's Men" on Netflix.
Hey. We encourage our kids to aspire to be president some day. We should dream big, too.