Get the inside scoop on all things kids and parenting on Long Island.
BloggersJennifer Berger Valerie Kellogg Beth Whitehouse Leema Thomas
'Frozen' fun at Disney's Hollywood Studios
Heading to Disney World this summer? If so, Disney's Hollywood Studios is celebrating "Frozen" with a character parade, sing-alongs with Anna and Elsa, a polar playground and more.
The new "Frozen Summer Fun Live!" attraction allows families to enter the fairy tale kingdom of Arendelle, with most activities included in theme park admission. Some of the highlights include:
- Anna's & Elsa's Royal Welcome: At 11 a.m. each day, the royal sisters will travel riding in a horse-drawn sleigh down Hollywood Boulevard. Kristoff will be along for the fun, as well.
- "Frozen" Sing-Along Celebration: Inside the park's Premiere Theater, Anna and Elsa will retell the history of their kingdom using projections, lighting and special effects. Guests will be invited to join in a special sing-along from the film's popular songs. The 20-minute show will run multiple times a day.
- Wandering Oaken's Trading Post & Frozen Funland: Soundstage One has been transformed into a polar playground featuring plenty of frozen festivities inside the makeshift adventure park, including ice sculpting, an ice skating rink, a "Do You Want to Build a Snowman?" area of kid-friendly activities and more.
- Coolest Summer Ever Dance Party: Enjoy a live band celebrating "Frozen" summer fun with contemporary songs as well as familiar tunes from the movie, from 5:30 to 9:30 p.m.
- "Frozen" Fireworks: At 9:45 p.m. every night, there will be a fireworks show set to the film's soundtrack with special projections of snow and ice images and more.
The Magic Kingdom is also joining in on the "Frozen" fun. Kids can meet Anna and Elsa inside Princess Fairytale Hall in Fantasyland, the sisters appear in the new daytime "Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade" and the "Celebrate the Magic" nighttime projection show transforms Cinderella Castle with visuals from the movie.