Get the inside scoop on all things kids and parenting on Long Island.
Feeding the kids: Waffle sandwich with bananas
In my ongoing quest to find tasty, kid-friendly food appropriate for the whole family, this week I chose an easy breakfast idea. I found the recipe in "Kitchenability 101: The College Student's Guide to Easy, Healthy, and Delicious Food," by Nisa Burns (Kitchenability Press; $17.95).
Banana Cinnamon Waffles with Bananas
(Makes 1 serving)
- 2 whole-grain toaster waffles
- 2 tablespoon peanut butter (or Nutella)
- 1/2 banana
- 1 teaspoon honey (or agave nectar)
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Toast the waffles to desired crispness.
2. Spread the peanut butter on one side of each waffle.
3. Slice the banana into 1/4-inch rounds.
4. Place the banana and honey on one side of the waffle, and sprinkle with the cinnamon.
5. Close like a sandwich and enjoy.