Get the inside scoop on all things kids and parenting on Long Island.
BloggersJennifer Berger Valerie Kellogg Beth Whitehouse Leema Thomas
Feeding the kids: Chicken ravioli soup
In my ongoing quest to find tasty, kid-friendly food appropriate for the whole family, this week I chose a fun twist to traditional chicken noodle soup. I found the recipe on Spoonful.com, a website from Disney that's filled with thousands of crafts, games and recipes for children and families.
Chicken Ravioli Soup
- 8 cups chicken stock or broth
- 2 cups refrigerated mini cheese-stuffed ravioli
- 1 cup cooked chicken, diced
- 1/2 cup diced carrot
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat chicken stock in a soup pot to boiling; reduce heat and add carrot and celery.
2. Simmer until vegetables are soft, about 20 minutes.
3. Add ravioli and cook according to package directions, usually about a 5 minute simmer.
4. Stir in cooked chicken, salt and pepper as desired and serve.