Get the inside scoop on all things kids and parenting on Long Island.
Feeding the kids: A St. Patrick's Day ice cream treat
In my ongoing quest to find tasty, kid-friendly food appropriate for the whole family, this week I chose an ice cream dessert, perfect for St. Patrick's Day. I found the recipe on Spoonful.com, a Disney website filled with thousands of crafts, games and recipes for children and families.
Easy Ice Cream Pie
- 1 1/2 cups finely crushed graham crackers or chocolate wafers
- 5 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 1 quart pistachio or mint chip ice cream
- 1/2 cup hot fudge sauce
- red and green candies
1. Place 1 1/2 cups finely crushed graham crackers or chocolate wafers into a nine-inch pie pan.
2. Stir in five tablespoons of melted butter, then press the mixture into the bottom and sides of the pan.
3. Freeze for 30 minutes.
4. Fill with one quart pistachio or mint chocolate chip ice cream, layer on 1/2 cup hot fudge sauce, top with two cups whipped cream, and sprinkle with red and green candies.
5. Freeze before slicing and serving.