Get the inside scoop on all things kids and parenting on Long Island.
BloggersJennifer Berger Valerie Kellogg Beth Whitehouse Leema Thomas Patrick Whittle
10 most expensive celebrity baby photos to date
As the world waits for the first images of North West — the newborn daughter of Kim Kardashian and Kanye West — the question remains: to tweet or to make a deal?
With rumors swirling that Kim’s momager Kris Jenner will introduce her granddaughter on her new daytime TV show, to reported offers of up to $2 million for a magazine cover debut, we await the first images of baby KimYe.
Here, CelebrityBabyScoop.com takes a look at the big business of releasing the first photos of Tinseltown’s tots.
It’s been a few years since A-list couple Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt received a whopping $15 million for the first pictures of their now 4-year-old twins Knox and Vivienne. The Jolie-Pitt twins — along with their four other siblings — are now just as famous as their parents.
The debut of celebrity children continues to make headlines. While the demand has not died, many star couples are passing on multimillion dollar paychecks for the first glimpse of their tots, and releasing the debut photos via social media. R&B royalty Jay-Z and Beyoncé unveiled the first photos of their daughter Blue Ivy on Tumblr, just a few weeks after her January 2012 birth. In June, star couple Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan-Tatum released the first photo of their newborn daughter Everly via Facebook.
For a long time running, "People" magazine had a monopoly on introductory celebaby photos. But today, many stars are turning to competitors who are doling out generous offerings.
Some do not debut photos and are simply caught by the paparazzi, as was the case recently for Sarah Michelle Gellar who was spotted for the first time with 9-month-old son Rocky.
Wondering how much those first baby photos cost? Here’s a list of top 10 most expensive baby photos to date.
1. $15 million — Knox Leon & Vivienne Marcheline (Brad Pitt/Angelina Jolie)
2. $6 million — Max & Emme Muñiz (Jennifer Lopez/Marc Anthony)
3. $4.1 million — Shiloh Nouvel Jolie-Pitt (Brad Pitt /Angelina Jolie)
4. $3 million — Levi Alves McConaughey (Matthew McConaughey/Camila Alves)
5. $2 million — Dannielynn Birkhead (Anna Nicole Smith/Larry Birkhead)
6. $2 million — Pax Thien Jolie-Pitt (Angelina Jolie/Brad Pitt)
7. $1.5 million — Max Liron Bratman (Christina Aguilera/Jordan Bratman)
8. $1.5 million — Honor Marie Warren (Jessica Alba/Cash Warren)
9. $1 million — Harlow Winter Kate Madden (Nicole Richie/Joel Madden)
10. $1 million — Maddie Briann Aldridge (Jamie Lynn Spears/Casey Aldridge)
Honorable mention goes to Sean Preston Federline (Britney Spears/Kevin Federline) at $500,000. And, the amount is unknown for Louis Bardo Bullock son of Sandra Bullock.
Visit CelebrityBabyScoop.com for the latest celebrity parent and baby news.