Celebs who influenced kids in 2013
The year finishes up today. We wanted to know which people were influential to kids our age in the past year. We talked to lots of kids at our school and here are our top choices::
1. Taylor Swift is an influential performer because unlike many people who become famous, the singert stayed true to be respectful and good.
2. Bridgit Mendler, one of our favorite actresses from the show "Good Luck Charlie," is very much like Swift in a way because she works with Friends For Change. Her music video showed kids working together and people taking care of the environment.
3. Debby Ryan, from the show "Jessie," went to India to help build schools for children. She was featured on Disney Channel in a short segment to teach kids that education is important for everyone.
4. Ross Lynch and Laura Marano planted trees in California for Friends For Change. These Disney stars did so to improve our environment.
5. Miley Cyrus is influential in a very different way. Her outrageous performance at the MTV Video Music Awards made young people realize that being inappropriate isn't proof that you are grown up.
6. Selena Gomez is influential because she has a great attitude even though she isn't a child star anymore. We like the way she has grown up and we think she is great singer and role model.
7. Bethany Hamilton faced a life-changing experience when a shark bit her arm off in 2003, when she was 13. Instead of giving up on surfing, she never gave up on her dream.
8. Malala Yousafzai, a 16-year-old Pakistani student, was shot in the head last year by the Taliban while trying to fight for women's education. She has met with many powerful people including President Barack Obama. She was awarded European Union's Sakharov Prize for Freedom of Thought.